Background Image for Header:
2018-19 BPC Finalists
- Loudoun Aerial Solutions, LLC- Loudoun Aerial Solutions LLC. provides B2B solutions primarily through the use of SUAV’s, commonly referred to as drones. Our primary services include Photography, Orthomosaic Mapping, 3-D modelling and Inspections.
- William Renner, Shepherd University
- New River Manufacturing- New River Manufacturing is dedicated to three essential values: saving lives, saving the environment, and saving money. We saw an opportunity to make a difference in the dwindling coal industry and the blossoming oil and natural gas industry. Our goal is to use our product and make West Virginia an innovation hotspot in oil and natural gas.
- Brandon Wackerly and Christopher Bagwell, University of Charleston
- INSULARM- Insularm is a West Virginia company that has designed and prototyped an Insulin Pump attachment. This attachment can detect when the cannula has become detached from the body and alert the pump user or their caregiver via phone alert.
- Brooksana Burke, University of Charleston
- Weedology LLC- Weedology is the innovative and fun way to garden. It is home for the Weedster, an app based, remote control gardening tool.
- Vishnu Kasireddy, Marshall University
- Iconic EDU- Iconic EDU is an education technology company that develops STEM kits which enable students to connect concepts taught in the classroom to real world examples. Any teacher can use our step by step tutorial videos to facilitate the assembly of our products. Our first kit comes with all the parts needed for students to build and fly a small drone they can use to gather and analyze different types of data.
- Kyle Gillis and James Carnes, West Virginia University
Lifestyle & Innovation
- Hydro Sustainable LLC- Hydro Sustainable is a full service urban family farm incorporating production, processing (such as harvest & rinse procedures), packaging and distribution to accommodate high demands in the consumer market; delivered direct to the local West Virginia, DC, MD and VA Food Service Industry. Hydro Sustainable places efforts to integrate Total Quality Management Techniques and ethical Food Safety Practices to accommodate our customers with affordable, reliable, high quality micro-green produce and services.
- Caroline Thorp, BlueRidge CTC
- Whiteline Innovation- Whiteline Innovation is a West Virginia based company that is developing the Cone Enhancer as a tool with applications in the transportation industry. The Cone Enhancer is slated to be manufactured entirely in West Virginia and will be the first of many products targeting this industry.
- Keegan Mueller and Kadee Mueller, West Virginia University
- Second Chance- Second Chance is an innovative apparatus company that specializes in the application of EEGs, 3D-printing, and robotics. Applying these components to offer a better quality of life to those that suffer from paralysis.
- Austin Davis, University of Charleston
- ThermoRoller- ThermoRoller is the inventor of a modified athletic roller. The ThermoRoller changes temperature to relieve and relax sore muscle pain after exertion.
- Cameron Keefe, West Virginia University
- Farm to Fork Meat Processing- Farm to Fork Meat Processing is a new and innovative way for producers to process their animals. We are new and innovative because we offer a mobile processing unit that goes to the producers farm which makes the process more humane and ethical. While doing this, we save our customers money and offer a better tasting product in the end.
- Ashley Hoskins and Aaron Simon, Marshall University
Hospitality & Tourism
- Hideaway Campground, LLC- Camping at the Hideaway Campground offers a relaxing respite in a tranquil part of beautiful Wild and Wonderful, West Virginia. With an array of thoughtful amenities, family-centric activities, and spacious grounds, this is camping at its best. Stay for a few nights, or make this your summer home – either way, you’ll create lifelong memories and truly enjoy “the West Virginia camping experience”.
- Cari Morris and Andrea Courtney, University of Charleston
- The Neighborhood Kombuchery- The Neighborhood Kombuchery is a craft kombucha brewer located in Morgantown, WV. Our mission is to support the overall health of our local community by bringing traditionally brewed kombucha to our regional market. We use locally sourced and seasonal ingredients, when available, to create flavors representative of the Mountain State.
- Andrew Rhodes, West Virginia University
- Veggie Crate, LLC- VC will build sell and lease portable greenhouse utilizing recycled shipping containers. Each crate will feature compact shelving, high fluorescent or LED lighting and a water system. A crate can be installed anywhere there is a flat space and that has a power and water supply. This will allow users to grow year round.
- Kory Sanders, University of Charleston
- TCO- TCO assists restaurants and hotels to stay in compliance with all of the local, State, or Federal rules and regulations to include the health department, OSHA and the alcohol beverage commission. We also help our customers with brand imaging by advertising and highlighting the areas that they excel in.
- Toby Heaney, University of Charleston
- Real Fight Promotions- Real Fight Promotions is a fight promotion company targeted towards the student population to provide entertainment to the downtown Morgantown area. Providing an exciting experience to those who enjoy combat sports.
- Davis Kimble, West Virginia University
Pictures from the 2018 BPC Semifinals
- February 9, 2019: Workshop
- Location: WVU Erickson Alumni Center, Morgantown, WV
- April 12, 2019: Round 3 Finals
- Location: High Tech Consortium, Fairmont, WV