Background Image for Header:
The 2020-2021 Business Plan Competition will explore a different way for us to connect while keeping true to its roots—a place for entrepreneurial students from across the state to connect, to create, and start businesses. While we cannot be together in-person this year, we are working to create a virtual space that allows the energy, enthusiasm, ideas, and sharing to thrive. To this end, we are happy to speak virtually to any of your classes or organizations about the BPC. Below you will find some changes to the competition. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions, comments or concerns.
What is new for the 2020-2021 competition?
· No more categories- we will no longer have multiple categories. Every team will compete against each other.
· No more grand prizes- the competition will no longer be offering grand prize money. The $20,000 of at-large money will still be distributed at the finals. This money comes from the ZinnStarter program and will be awarded by a student board compiled of students from across the state.
· Judges in the final round will be investors
· Open to for-profit and not-for-profit ideas
· Added semifinalist workshop in December
· 100% online for 2020-2021
*As a reminder, each participating institution (in round 1) is guaranteed to have at least one team compete in the semifinals.
College BPC Important Dates:
November 13, 2020 Round 1: submissions due by noon
December 7, 2020 Semifinalists notified
December 9, 2020 Workshop for semifinalists
February 1, 2021 Customer discoveries due by noon
February 8-12, 2021 Round 2: Semifinals (weeklong interviews)
February 15, 2021 Finalists notified
February 26, 2021 Workshop for finalists
April 9, 2021 Final business plans due by noon
April 16, 2021 Round 3: Finals