Become a Judge
Who can judge?
If you have started, owned or managed a business, you are welcome to join the judging team!
* Please note: If you have coached or mentored any of the teams entering this year’s competition, please excuse yourself from judging in that particular competition. (Example: if you are a college professor that might have students in the competition, please only sign up to judge in the high school competition.)
What does being a round one judge entail?
In round one, you will score YouTube video submissions. Each video is a maximum of 90 seconds long. We will provide you with a scoring rubric closer to the date. You have the option of judging in the high school and/or the college competition.
What are the business plan competitions?
The West Virginia Statewide Business Plan Competitions offer students around the state the unique opportunity to make their business idea come to life. Participants come from many different disciplines and backgrounds.
SIGN UP BELOW:
College competition: open to all undergraduate and graduate students, from all majors, in any two or four-year institution across the state.
- Sign up by Friday at noon to judge the Collegiate Competition (scoring starts Friday, November 5 at 5:00 p.m.)
High school competition: open to students grades 9-12, from public and private schools across West Virginia.
- Sign up by next Friday at noon to judge High School Competition (scoring starts Friday, November 12 at 5:00 p.m.)
*These are different competitions, you will have to click each link to sign up for the one(s) you wish to judge in.
1. Click the link to the competition(s) you wish to join
2. Click “join this competition”
3. Sign up for VentureDash (sorry for the DOB question, staying compliant with COPPA)
4. Select your role as a judge
5. Answer the judging questions
6. Select “submit”
*Note, we will assign entries for you to score after the deadline (dates listed above).